Established in 2000, Frontier Asset Management was created by industry visionary Gary A. Miller, CFA. His background in mathematics and engineering led him to rethink the way investment strategies are constructed and managed. He realized that using historical performance to predict future returns resulted in too much risk and too many surprises. So he developed a forward-looking, highly analytical investment process used to build strategies that yield the most return for a given level of risk.
Since Gary’s initial creation, we have continued to enhance and refine how we do what we love to do: manage investment strategies to meet the specific financial objectives of our clients. We believe there is always opportunity for innovation and advancement, therefore our efforts to improve through ongoing, cutting-edge research never cease. We also understand that an investment strategy is not just the result it produces, but also the experience it produces. By focusing on protecting clients in difficult markets and providing solid returns in good markets, Frontier helps clients stay on track to meet their financial goals.
We are independently owned and not affiliated with any organization that might influence the advice we give or the investments we make. We serve as fiduciaries to all of our clients, which means we put their interests before our own.
Our core values are driven by a desire to innovate and achieve investment excellence, operate with ethics and integrity, expand access to our products and services and create a positive work environment that fosters growth.
- Independent Thought: We strive to be independent from conventional wisdom. We make sense of the investment world based on our own experiences and analysis.
- Innovation: We are innovators, continuously striving to improve our investment process and our services.
- Integrity: We conform to a stringent Code of Ethics and focus on putting the interests of our clients above our own.
- Defined Targets: Every successful investment strategy needs clearly defined targets and a disciplined process for achieving those targets. Clients need to know where they are headed and if they are on track to get there. While there is no guarantee that goals will be met, the structure Frontier provides helps clients remain comfortable and on track.
- Diversified Strategies: At Frontier we believe that diversification can help improve portfolio returns as well as limit declines in portfolio value. We use a wide range of asset classes for broad exposure to the total investment universe which allows us to build highly diversified strategies for your clients.
- A Focus on Downside Risk: We use expected return and risk characteristics of the asset classes to calculate the downside risk potential for each of our strategies. By striving to keep losses in line with client expectations during difficult markets, Frontier helps clients stay on track to meet their financial goals.
- Four Step Investment Process: The Frontier investment process is the result of decades of experience, research and innovative thinking. It’s a disciplined, repeatable process designed to identify superior mutual funds and combine them in portfolios so their unique investment strategies complement one another. Take a detailed look at Our Process.
We offer a wide range of investment strategies, each managed within a specified framework of return objectives and limits on risk. All our investment strategies are intended for long-term investors.
Globally Diversified Strategies. These strategies are actively managed to achieve well defined Performance Objectives that include long-term return targets and limits on risk. These strategies are highly diversified and are managed within established ranges that ensure broad asset-class exposure. Take a closer look.
Alternative Strategies. These strategies are actively managed to focus on asset classes that we expect to have the best future risk-to-return characteristics. These strategies are managed without asset class constraints so their asset allocations may shift from broadly diversified to more highly concentrated. Take a closer look.
Tax-Managed Portfolios. Every Frontier strategy can be managed on a tax-sensitive basis. The goal is to reduce the taxes paid on taxable accounts. Learn more about tax management.
Christian Worldview Strategies. Every Frontier strategy can be managed on a Biblically responsible basis. The goal is to manage the strategy consistent with Biblical principles. Learn more about Christian Worldview.
ETF Strategies. These strategies are designed to give investors access to low cost, globally diversified asset allocation strategies. These strategies invest in index-based exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and are managed within established asset class ranges to ensure broad market exposure.
Retirement Plan Solutions. Frontier works directly with financial advisors to provide a range of retirement plan solutions, including 401(k)/403(b) strategies and individual retirement plan strategies.
Frontier provides consulting services to investment advisors and institutional clients. Frontier’s consulting services cover a wide range of investment topics. We can offer services in asset allocation, manager selection and portfolio optimization or other areas involving investment research.
Answering every phone call and carefully listening. Promptly and respectfully responding to questions and requests. Fixing a problem and following up. These are ways we try to go the extra mile to provide exceptional service on a daily basis, because we genuinely care. We are guided by our purpose, mission and core values that push us to improve that service each day. We know that having great products and a great investment process is only the beginning. Listening to and serving our customers is what makes it really count – what make the real difference. We love what we do, maybe it’s not always easy, but we do our best to create the most positive client experience possible.